Thanks to supporters like you, in 2014 WorldBoston provided a vast array of programming, including:
Citizen Diplomacy programs, such as:
- Hosting 363 citizen diplomats from 86 countries and territories, including 12 technology and entrepreneurship and 14 education delegations; and
- 37 citizen diplomacy local homestay and home hospitality experiences;
And Global Education programs, including:
- 30 different sessions on essential global topics, including our popular Great Decisions and Chat & Chowder series;
- Extraordinary speakers, from best-selling authors, to a Russian grassroots civil society activist, to U.K. Home Secretary Theresa May at a hard-hitting symposium on human trafficking;
- Our most popular Consuls Reception to date, keynoted by Suffolk Construction CEO John Fish, and attended by over 30 Boston-area consuls general and 200 guests;
- Our flagship youth program, Academic WorldQuest, engaging dozens of new students in global affairs;
- Three tailored WB2030 events for young professionals, including our annual Trivia Night;
- A WorldBoston study mission to Cuba; and
- A year of local cultural activities for 80 Fulbright Visiting Scholars.
We are so grateful to our participants, sponsors, and members. At the same time, the sustainability of everything we do relies on additional charitable support, from our Citizen Diplomacy programs, which truly bring the world to Boston, to our Global Education work, which helps us better understand our wider world. We hope you will consider including WorldBoston in your year-end giving.
Thank you for being part of the WorldBoston community this year.
Welcome to WorldBoston, an essential convener on international topics affecting Boston and the world since 1949.
The mission of WorldBoston is to foster engagement in international affairs and cooperation with peoples of all nations. As globalization increasingly shapes every aspect of life on our planet, so does our Greater Boston region increasingly experience, and even help shape, these global trends.
By means of our nationally-recognized global education and citizen diplomacy programs and our networking and community events, every year WorldBoston provides people from all over the world – and people right here – hundreds of opportunities for learning and connection. Our community includes professionals in every field, including government, business, media, education, science, and the arts; young people; and citizen diplomats.
It’s easy to get involved. WorldBoston membership is the best way to be sure not to miss any WorldBoston news and events at discounted prices. If you are interested in citizen diplomacy, we invite you to join our database of volunteers and home hospitality providers, and help us in creating unique people-to-people connections. Finally, your donations and sponsorships provide critical support for the sustainability of our mission. Please explore our website or contact our office to learn more about these opportunities.
We hope you’ll be part of WorldBoston.
WorldBoston is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Section 501(c)(3).